Why Professional Gutter Cleaning is vital
Gutter cleaning can be overlooked by many homeowners but before you go another day without professional gutter cleaning, you might note the picture below which is all too familiar.
Leaking and overflowing gutters cause horrendous damage to blockwork, plaster, K-Render and painted finishes. The water from blocked gutters is dirty and brown in colour and quickly discolours wall finishes leading to very costly cleaning and repairs. Overtime moss, grass and even plants can grow from gutters as they provide the idea moist and mineral rich growing conditions.
RH Cleaning Services provide the ideal solution to gutter cleaning. We have invested heavily in the latest Gutter Vacuum Cleaning Technology – The GVS Predator Pro 3600w, triple, two-stage motor Gutter Vacuum. The power of this vacuum is phenomenal – it can 10,750 litres per minute. I would like to see a Dyson do that !!!
Combined with lightweight aerospace aluminium poles we can clean gutter up to 4 stories high without the need for articulated reach systems. Thankfully, gone are the days of rickety ladders, trowels and buckets. More importantly gone are the days of ladder fails, trips, and injuries. As a home-owner your house insurance is totally at risk by allowing anyone on to your property who works off a ladder. You are completely exposed and liable should anything happen (or be claimed to have happened). Fundamentally, you knowingly gave them permission to work off a ladder on your property. .you are exposed.
Also we now have a link to WhatsApp where you can send us pictures for a Gutter Cleaning estimate. We are always here to help.
How often does do my gutters need cleaning?
It’s vital that you invest in gutter cleaning as often as needed. For most homes, this might be every other year or every three years at most. However, some homes might need annual gutter cleaning instead; consider some factors that might indicate your home could benefit from gutter cleaning more often than average.
- Mature trees hanging over a home might drop lots of leaves, twigs, sap, moss, acorns, seeds, needles, and other such debris that ends up in gutters, leading to clogs.
- Overhanging branches also provide a roosting place for birds, and their droppings and nest materials then wash into gutters.
Gutters capture rainwater washing off a home’s roof, directing it to nearby downpipe and safety away in the house drainage system. Unfortunately gutters also captures leaves, twigs, seeds, acorns, moss, sap, soot, dust, and other debris, they often get caked with dirt and mud.
All sorts of natural vegetation including leaves, moss, grass, and other debris builds up every year. The wind blows the leaves onto roofs which fall and collect inside of the gutters. When wet these leaves can stick to the inside of the gutters, thus creating blockages in corners and down pipes.
This periodically becomes the perfect breeding ground for wind blown or bird dropped seeds, moss and weeds begin to grow and when left they can take hold of your gutters and block the natural flow of water in the guttering system causing an overflow
- Roof eaves, slates, tiles and asphalt absorb that standing water; Wood framing then become soft and crumbly, potentially even falling away from the home. Standing water also attracts bothersome insects and encourages damaging algae growth. This algae, as well as mould, mildew, and moss, can grow between roof slates, tiles, asphalt and flashing, loosening those parts and allowing them to fall away or get blown away in a storm!
- Mould caused by standing water is also unhealthy and bothersome to anyone sitting under those clogged gutters and that unsightly debris.
- Dirty gutters also allow rainwater to splash over their sides, running down a home’s exterior walls and windows, leaving behind unsightly streaks and stains.
- Rainwater running down exterior brick also softens that material, leading to cracks, chips, holes, and other damage.
- Rainwater can also make its way through holes and other openings in siding, increasing the risk of interior water damage and resultant mould growth.
- If you’ve never thought about the importance of a home’s gutters, now you know why professional gutter cleaning is so vital!
Looking for a quote? Fill out your details below and we will come back to you with a quote within one hour!