Oil, petrol or water stains from your vehicles can ruin the overall look of your driveway. If your wooden decking is covered with algae and filth that’s gradually accumulated over the years. Or, it could be that moss, lichen and weeds are making your patio less appealing.
Power Washing can clean these common problem on the outside of your house. It can also be achieved with an excellent finish without having to sacrifice a full weekend to the task or resort to scrubbing on your hands and knees.
Power Washers bought in a hardware store can be great for small exterior jobs. However, they are no where near as powerful as a professional power washer that we would use at RH Power Washing. Below are some tips to help you get started pressure/power washing.
How to pressure wash a patio
Not used a pressure/power washer before? Follow these easy steps for a fuss-free approach to cleaning your patio.
Remove any furniture or potted plants from your patio
- Use a broom to remove the largest pieces of dirt and debris
- Once you’re used to the speed and volume of water, and confident you’ve got the water jet under control, work your way systematically across the surface of your patio, starting at the furthest distance from your home and working your way back
A few extra patio cleaning tips that may go a long way to helping you keep your outdoor area as good as new include regularly brushing your patio and removing weeds as soon as they have taken root.
How to pressure wash a driveway
Using a pressure washer to clean your driveway is the fastest, easiest route to pristine results.
Begin by soaking the entire area
- Add a little detergent or washing up liquid directly to the surface – this will help cut through oily stains which may be caused by your car
- Then, starting with the lowest setting and working your way up to the highest, work your way systematically across the surface of your driveway
To ease the pressure washing process, consider driveway cleaning tips such as removing stains caused by fluid leaks immediately and regularly sweep your driveway to remove excess dirt.
How to pressure wash decking
Wooden decking is very popular in gardens right now but after a few heavy winters and plenty of use, real wood can begin to look tired and worn. Pressure washing is a useful option to help lift out deeply ingrained dirt and give your decking a new lease of life. However, because you’re dealing with a soft, natural substance, it’s a good idea to go gently.
Start off with the machine’s lowest setting and be sure not to place the water-jet tip too close to the wood
- Most quality pressure washers will have a range of ‘fan’ settings, which determine how narrow the water-jet can be, and therefore how intense its power can become. Choose the widest fan (and therefore most gentle setting) when you’re cleaning wood
Other decking cleaning tips to remember are to follow the grain of the wood and have sandpaper on hand to rub out imperfections and errors once the main bulk of the job is completed. If all this seems like a lot of effort to take care of your wooden decking, you could opt instead for the luxury of woodstone decking, which provides the warm finish of real wood and the durability of stone.
Get professional help if the stains don’t go away
So, you have tried the steps above and you’re still not happy with the results. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Whether you are looking Driveway Cleaning, Patio Cleaning, Wood Decking Cleaning – at Rh Power Washing, we are here to meet your needs.
We have built a loyal customer base by treating them and their homes respectfully, and we’ve worked hard to make sure we get the job done better than anyone else can. If you are looking for professional power washing washing , call us today on 087 6089310 or 01 5639624
Did you know?